Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Water

Tonight I learned that water should not be taken for granted. Earlier today, our house received a notification that our water would be shut off at 7PM and turned on again tomorrow morning. For some reason we all thought that this wouldn't really happen even though signs were posted on our front AND back doors. It happened.

After cross country practice and a horrifyingly bad 2 hour Finite Element exam I returned home to find that the faucet did nothing when I turned it on. Wonderful. Then I went through a series of things in my head that I wanted to do that would no longer be possible:

1) Drink water
2) Shower
3) Make Pasta
4) Wash dishes / run the dishwasher
5) Flush the toilet
6) Wash my hands
7) Fill the cat's water dish
8) Brush my teeth
9) Take my daily vitamins

Guess I will just have to be dirty, thirsty, malnourished, and unable to use the bathroom tonight. Oh well. At least none of these things are essential for living. Anyone who reads this, I hope you are enjoying your cushy privileged life with abundant supplies of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment