Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Thankathon

So, I volunteered for a "thankathon" where you call up a bunch of scholarship donors and bother them during dinner and say thanks for donating to the U of I engineering program. It turns out I was the only one who volunteered, so the organizers of the event decided to have about 30 engineering student ambassadors (whatever that is...) pick up the slack.

Anyways, I got there late because of class and they had pizza there for us. After grabbing a couple slices I went to a seat and started cramming food in my mouth so I could finish before we had to start making calls. The woman in charge then announced that everyone there knew each other from the ambassador thing except for me so everyone should go around the room and introduce themselves... to me. I of coarse had a mouthful of pizza crust and could only say "hih djoopswenk, dnjaiwdpb." One by one, all thirty of the engineers turned towards me and introduced themselves. Awkward...

Also, I called about 20 people and mostly I just left messages on answering machines but the ones who I did get on the phone were far from thrilled to be bothered. Here is one of them:

No comments:

Post a Comment