Thursday, March 17, 2011

My House Might Fall Down

1) As soon as I entered my house after returning from spring break, I was greeted by the oder of gas. My roommate Kathryn said she had smelled it since the night before when she had returned. We called the gas company and they sent someone out to investigate and recommended that we wait outside for them to arrive. It turned out that we had a major gas leak downstairs and that in order for us to smell it on the main level it had to first fill the entire basement. This meant that it had been happening for a while which is apparently really dangerous. Well, we lived.

2) After shopping for groceries I noticed a couple little black balls that resembled mouse turds in my cupboard. I decided that having mice would suck and so they could not possibly be poop or if they were it was from a long time ago. I ignored them and put away all my groceries. Well, today when I opened they cupboard, a shower of tortilla shells and plastic rained down and it was clear that mice had gnawed through and ruined my hopes of making burritos for lunch. They also left a bunch more little black feces everywhere. As I investigated further, the cupboard above was coated with poop and oatmeal which they had clearly been living off of for some time. I then entered panic mode where every sound was a mouse creeping up on me and every itch was one crawling on me. At this point, my worthless cat Pepper snuck up behind me and rubbed his tail on my leg. I just about died. I then yelled at him for not killing the mice. I fully expect to be killed by mice in my sleep tonight.

3) It is St. Patty's Day and I am part Irish. Yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment