Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Skulls

I just got back from Easter church and it was the most bizarre service I have ever been to.

1) The preacher man had a very thick accent and was difficult to understand.
2) The bulk of the Easter message was about the preacher man's grandfather who had been a village chief and then died and everyone wanted his skull to go in a cave with all the other chiefs' skulls so they could drink together in the afterlife. When his grandfather was buried in a separate place, the chickens stopped laying eggs and they cows stopped giving milk so they unearthed him, got his skull, and moved it to the cave. What does this have to do with Easter? EVERYTHING OF COARSE!!!! Thats why we eat chocolate chiefs and decorate Easter skulls!
3) Towards the end, during a completely silent part, a child shouted, "Is it over?"

I wish little man, I wish.
HAPPY EASTER!

4 comments:

  1. hahaha o gosh. what a great way to rescue me from an eight page paper. The most joy I have experienced in hours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haven't even read it yet, but how in the world did you find a picture of a jelly bean skull? who does that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I literally just typed in "easter skull" into google images. There are actually a lot of other pics on there that are equally creepy!

    ReplyDelete