Monday, September 20, 2010

Here's to You Class Hero

One of my professors is not very nice. He speaks very arrogantly and told me to either quit cross country or drop his class (oops I didn't do either of those things). He also gives really mean pop quizzes. Today for a pop quiz he gave us a good 15 seconds to remember a random fact from a previous class and then had us turn it in. Afterwords he asked how many people got it right and only one person raised their hand (the class jerk). Then he asked why everyone got it wrong and some guy (the class hero) said this:

Prof: Does anyone have a good reason for getting it wrong?
Student: (raises hand) Cuz I am not a human encyclopedia so I don't have the ability to recall random equations from a year ago in less than 30 seconds.
Prof: Then how do you usually figure out problems that require equations?
Student: I look them up on the internet.
Prof: And how long does that take?
Student: A good 30 to 40 seconds.
Prof: What if the server is down?
Student: I have internet on my phone. The server is never down.
Prof: Lets say you are stranded on a desert island with no resources---
Student: ---then I wouldn't be doing circuits problems.

Bravo class hero. You made my day. You are still a nerd though.

1 comment: